By Jules Massenet
Sung in English with English Subtitles
An NCPA – The Metropolitan Opera (New York) Presentation
With this production based on the beloved fairy tale, the Met presents a new instalment in its series of abridged opera adaptations for family audiences. Laurent Pelly’s storybook staging of Massenet’s Cendrillon, a hit of the 2017–18 season, is presented with an all-new English translation in an abridged 90 minutes, with mezzo-soprano Isabel Leonard as its rags-to-riches princess. Sure to be enjoyed by opera lovers, this production also makes for a perfect introduction to opera for a newcomer.
Conductor: Emmanuel Villaume
Production: Laurent Pelly
Cast: Jessica Pratt, Isabel Leonard, Emily D’Angelo, Stephanie Blythe & Laurent Naouri
Box Office is now Open.
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY: –
- Entry from Gate No.1 for vehicles and pedestrians.
- Entry from Gate No.2 for pedestrians only.
- All visitors will have their body temperature checked with non-invasive apparatus at entry point.
- Fully Vaccinated Certificate as per the government guidelines is compulsory.
Definition of being Fully Vaccinated: A fully vaccinated person will mean – Any person who has received both doses of the vaccine and 14 days have lapsed since the administration of the second dose; OR
Any person having a medical condition that does not allow him or her to take the vaccine and has a certificate to that extent from a recognised doctor; OR
A person who is less than 18 years of age.
- Visitors to make use of the hand sanitiser provided at the entry point.
- Use of face covers/masks is mandatory at all times.
- Visitors to maintain proper social distancing at all times.