By Matthew Aucoin
Sung in English with English Subtitles
An NCPA – The Metropolitan Opera (New York) Presentation
The ancient Greek myth of Orpheus, who attempts to harness the power of music to rescue his beloved Eurydice from the underworld, has inspired composers since opera’s earliest days. Brilliant American composer Matthew Aucoin now carries that tradition into the 21st century with a captivating new take on the story—a product of the Met’s commissioning programme. With a libretto by Sarah Ruhl, adapted from her acclaimed 2003 play, the opera reimagines the familiar tale from Eurydice’s point of view.
Conductor: Yannick Nézet-Séguin
Production: Mary Zimmerman
Cast: Erin Morley, Jakub Józef Orliński, Barry Banks, Joshua Hopkins & Nathan Berg
Box Office is now Open.
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY: –
- Entry from Gate No.1 for vehicles and pedestrians.
- Entry from Gate No.2 for pedestrians only.
- All visitors will have their body temperature checked with non-invasive apparatus at entry point.
- Fully Vaccinated Certificate as per the government guidelines is compulsory.
Definition of being Fully Vaccinated: A fully vaccinated person will mean – Any person who has received both doses of the vaccine and 14 days have lapsed since the administration of the second dose; OR
Any person having a medical condition that does not allow him or her to take the vaccine and has a certificate to that extent from a recognised doctor; OR
A person who is less than 18 years of age.
- Visitors to make use of the hand sanitiser provided at the entry point.
- Use of face covers/masks is mandatory at all times.
- Visitors to maintain proper social distancing at all times.