An NCPA Presentation
Shostakovich: Chamber Symphony in C minor, op. 110a (arr. Barshai)
Mozart: Grande Sestetto Concertante for Chamber Orchestra
The SOI Chamber Orchestra performs Shostakovich’s Chamber Symphony Op. 110a, a masterful arrangement for chamber orchestra of his String Quartet No. 8 by the conductor and Shostakovich expert, Rudolf Barshai. The programme will also feature the Grande Sestetto Concertante, an anonymous arrangement of Mozart’s Sinfonia Concertante K. 364. Published soon after the composer’s death, this unusual arrangement originally for string sextet has the parts divided equally amongst the players as opposed to featuring soloists with accompaniment. The concert will be led by concertmaster Adelina Hasani.
Age Limit: 6+
Box Office is now Open.
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY: –
- Entry from Gate No.1 for vehicles and pedestrians.
- Entry from Gate No.2 for pedestrians only.
- All visitors will have their body temperature checked with non-invasive apparatus at entry point.
- Fully Vaccinated Certificate as per the government guidelines is compulsory.
Definition of being Fully Vaccinated: A fully vaccinated person will mean – Any person who has received both doses of the vaccine and 14 days have lapsed since the administration of the second dose; OR
Any person having a medical condition that does not allow him or her to take the vaccine and has a certificate to that extent from a recognised doctor; OR
A person who is less than 18 years of age.
- Visitors to make use of the hand sanitiser provided at the entry point.
- Use of face covers/masks is mandatory at all times.
- Visitors to maintain proper social distancing at all times.